Monday 30 March 2009

ADVISE FOR BUYING NEW COMPUTER

hello, computer hard fans, this time, I want to share with you all some of my knowledge about buying a new computer whether laptop or desktop PC. OK, first of all, I sure, you must observed for the processor, right? When seeking for a PROCESSOR, make sure:

1. It is WELL-KNOWN and got STABLE PERFORMANCE eg.Intel(R) and AMD(R). These processors got their special performance to provide better services for users. OK, I got fact at here. I heard that many people even my friends said AMD(R)'s processors can heat up very fast and over-heat some more. actually, this fact is NOT TRUE AT ALL. I want to ask you, do you check the temperature on those processors, which is more hotter? if NO, then don't make false statement about that. I knew, or all of you knew that Intel(R) is No.1 processor provider in the world, but doesn't mean that AMD which is second class is not good. Actually, I made a research in CNET about those processors. you can go at http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-10442_7-6389077-1.html.

2.MOTHERBOARD/MAIN BOARD
Motherboard is a platform for you to put all the hardwares like RAM, video card, CPU, as so on as it can fit any slots on the board. OK, if you seeking the good mainboard, make sure it is also WELL-KNOWN and LONG LASTING. Example of mainboard are Intel, Asus, Gigabyte and MSI. The low-grade of mainboard may affects your computer performance, eventhough you have the best CPU as well as your capacity of RAM.

3.RAM
I heard before that, if we got large capacity of RAM, eg 2GB, the performance of computer is better. haha. Actually, it is correct but not all. the purpose of RAM actually to keep and load your OS system. what I can say, it is used related to your OS in BIOS system. the TRUE performance of computer depends on your PROCESSORS actually. the better of your processor, the better your computer will run.

OK, till here now. later, I will continue with video card segment and so on. Thanks.
P/S: Infos I've explained at here, I got from my lecturer at Pusat Elektronik Wilayah.

1 comment:

  1. okay, you must say that motherboard have its own RAM model. for example my motherboard:

    GIGABYTE S-SERIES
    ----------------------
    ~G31M-ES2L (DUAL BIOS)
    ~8 channel audio
    ~FSB 1600
    ~DDR2 RAM 1066 (other RAM such as DDR or DDR3 wont fit in it, this is important)
    ~Gigabit LAN(Local Area Network for ASDL connection such as streamyx)

    addition = this model got a powersaver, so it doesn't matter how long you open it, your computer won't use too much electricity.

    another addition = this motherboard already support 128mb of graphic. so even if without graphic card, i can still play game. (i don't have one G.card installed though)

    and yes, this motherboard support up to Intel core 2 Quad and intel core 2 duom but i using Intel pentium 4 since i just convert the RAM, prosessors from my old cpu.

    also, more about the RAM. you have to mention about windows XP support RAM. windows XP only support RAM up to 4GB only. let say that you installed 2x 4GB DDR2 RAM. it will display only 4gb nothing more. if you wanna it to read the remaining missing RAM (4gb in this case) you will have to change to windows VISTA, because VISTA support more RAM from windows XP.

    okay that's it for this time. i will try comment more from time to time.

    ReplyDelete